Sunday, August 2, 2009

Waterproof Match Container


I guess boyscouts would know what this is, but I had no idea until I found one geocaching. When I saw in the description that it was a micro "waterproof match container," I was picturing a plastic matchbox, like a hide-a-key. What I found was this little green cylinder, just large enough to fit a bundle of matches. This particular one was quite cleverly hidden in some bushes, where it was propped up to look like plant food. Even the landscapers hadn't messed with it. I almost always find these in bushes, usually painted to match the surroundings.

2 comments:

  1. As a valuable tool, waterproof matches are a gem. They are an indispensible to campers and trekkers alike. There's a wide variety of products in the market so choosing the best one is crucial. I usually have a checklist of features that waterproof matches should possess. These include: being windproof, stormproof, and the storage canister must not let moisture in for the matches to work. If you need more information regarding this, see the site: http://backpackingmastery.com/top-picks/best-waterproof-matches.html

    ReplyDelete