Sunday, August 23, 2009

Savannah-caching


The newly-initiated cacher you see above is Savannah, our 3 year old Malamute. She actually hates geocaching...which is why she won't look at the camera. This is Savannah's second cache, but I forgot to take a picture at the first one.
We tried this cache twice before, but there always happened to be muggles around, which was really surprising considering the area. It's less than half a mile from my house, so we just stopped by whenever we went for a walk.
As you can see, the cache is a camo-painted plastic jar. It was hidden under some palm fronds, so I spotted it right away. I spent the next 20 minutes getting Savannah to stay put long enough to pose for a picture.
Unfrotunately this was the only cache I got to do this weekend :( And tomorrow is the first day back to school. I thought I would do more this summer, but it's been so freaking hot and rainy. I can't wait for October, which should be prime geocaching weather.

2 comments:

  1. I have been trying to get the new puppy out caching with me, like Savannah he wants no part of it. then again get Zappa in the woods off leash and he's a happy dog!

    ReplyDelete