Sunday, August 2, 2009

Bridges

Technically, you're not supposed to hide caches on, under, or near bridges...but it all depends on the bridge. This poor excuse for a bridge is the home to an ammo can and some ants.

This is an actual bridge - there probably shouldn't be a cache here, but I grabbed it anyway. It's a camo-taped magnetic hide-a-key.


This is one of the more clever caches I have seen. It's a micro canister. A piece of fishing line about 15 feet long is all that connected the cache to the railing. The cache itself hung a few feet above the water. I was scanning with my mirror, looking for a nano, when I came across the wire. The log was all moldy and gross, but I couldn't believe how much thought someone had put into this hide.
As you can see, there are all kinds of options for bridge hides. You just have to be careful you don't look like a terrorist.

No comments:

Post a Comment